Delegates: RSVP to Attend Peer-to-Peer Exchanges
A Director’s Directive: How the Board Can (and Should) Practice Global Compliance Oversight
WHEN: Day 1 | During Late Afternoon Breakout SessionMore and more, board members take a more active role in overseeing an organization’s global compliance and ethics initiatives. It’s not surprising, given the amount of scrutiny and liability directors can face when things go wrong. But the guidance on effective compliance oversight is limited—and vague. Join us for this closed-door, interactive session where attendees can ask questions, address challenges and share best practices around engaging the board in compliance, including:
- The forum for the compliance report. Is is in the audit committee? Or to the entire board?
- The frequency of the compliance report. Annual? Semi-annual?
- Measurement of effectiveness. How are program results presented to the board, and how can directors assess that what’s being done actually works to mitigate compliance risk on a global scale?
- Continuous engagement. Is there a process for escalating critical issues to the board outside of those updates?
Global Fraud Enforcement Trends
WHEN: Day 2 | During Morning Breakout Session
Baker & McKenzie and Ethisphere will co-host a peer-to-peer exchange on enforcement trends around the world, and in particular at the Serious Fraud Office (SFO), and best practices in anti-corruption program development.
This exchange is complimentary and limited to in-house compliance and legal professionals, and provides an opportunity for individuals to have an intimate discussion, share lessons and ideas on anti-corruption program best practices and network with other ethics and compliance leaders from across Europe.
The discussion will cover:
- The enforcement environment continues to heat up, with high-profile investigations around the globe. What are the red flags for enforcement authorities? Third parties, successor liability and the most effective organisation for in-house compliance teams.
- What should forward-looking companies bear in mind as they continue to pdate their compliance programs, and how can they develop practical systems to prioritize and address risk?
Space for both sessions is limited and first come, first served.
[gravityform id=”1″ name=”Peer-to-Peer Exchange Convercent” title=”false” description=”false”]